Activities & Programs Of Department :- The department conducted various workshops, conferences & expert lectures for quenching the thirst of knowledge among students which are as under.
Different workshops to help students to experiment with different materials and forms.
- MANTIS: a Sculpture made out of M.S. scrap materials.
- MORPHOLOGY: Different scale models were experimented.
- DOME: Made out of M.S. Pipes prepared in our workshop and erected.
- TENSILE FABRIC Structures experimented with models.
- POTTERY: Clay potteries made on electric wheel.
- BRICK: Construction of Arches was experimented.
ITM UNIVERSE organizes several Art Camps for Sculptures and Paintings by National and International Artists on the Campus. The Students Interact with the Artists and learn how to form Ideas in Design, Handle materials and to use different Techniques In relation to art and to understand the process of making.
- PAINTINGS by National Artists
- Various ARTS by International Artists
- SCULPTURES by International Artists
Students participate in various inter college competitions organized during the Annual Fest at ITM, as well as take part at University level.
ITM Universe encourages students for varied Extracurricular and Cultural activities to develop their Creativity, Visualization and enhance their knowledge in Arts & Crafts and in different fields.
- GANESHA celebration with Eco Friendly Idol making.
- SPORTS COMPETITION
- ILLUMINATI, Annual Festival at ITM
- GTU Annual Festival
- MOVIE SHOWCASE
- PROGRAMS of Nationally Renowned CLASSICAL ARTISTS
- Teachers Day Celebrations, Kite Flying Festival
ITM Management is committed to do such events regularly for the overall development of the students. Infect schedule of some events are set annually on a regular basis.
EXPERT LECTURES & SEMINARS:
Experts from various fields & Industries were invited. They shared their Professional experiences with students and interacted with them.
- Prof. KIRIN NARAYAN from University of California, Berkeley ( Prof. of Anthropology at UW-Madison) on ‘Everyday Creativity and Well Being’
- Prof. PETER GIBSON (an Artist) on ‘Design for Differently Abled in Architecture’
- A renowned Architect ARUN VAKIL (a Social worker and a very Senior Professional)
- Ar. MAFALDA FERNANDES (A Traveler from Portugal) on ‘Bamboo – A Material to Explore’
- Seminar by SOMANY TILES on Types, Quality, Manufacturing and Application.
- Seminar by SONY WORLD on Photography using Sony Alfa Camera.
- Seminar by ASIAN PAINTS on Shades of Colours.
- Seminar by EXCEL SERVICES on Air Conditioning.
- Seminar by Experts and Officials on ‘VADODARA, YESTERDAY TODAY AND TOMORROW’
- MOVIES on different subjects are being screened for students’ knowhow.
Following study tours were conducted in 3 years for Sketching at Site, Measure Drawings and Understanding the Studio Related Subjects:
- CHAMPANER, A World Heritage Site.
- KHAMBHAT, An Old Town in Gujarat
- FILM SETS AND AUDITORIUMS Study in MUMBAI.
- ELEPHANTA CAVES, MUMBAI.
- NATUROPATHY CENTERS at PUNE AND LONAVALA.
Regular Site Visits are Organized for sketching, Studio related Case Studies and to see Actual Construction at Site.
- An extensive study of the VILLAGES was done. Six Villages of the region were selected. Students spent four days in these Villages and studied the Life Styles, Socio-Economic criteria & Culture of the people, House Construction and Materials. Later the Actual models of these Villages were created to showcase the study.
- The Core City Areas of Vadodara (POLES) and the Old Houses were studied
- SCHOOLS in VADODARA
- PALACE of VADODARA
- FATEHSINGH MUSEUM at the PALACE
- Construction of RELAINCE MALL in Vadodara
- Sketching at ITM CAMPUS
- M.S.UNIVERSITY Campus at VADODARA