Activities & Programs Of The Department :-The Department has arranged various activities & programs for mechanical engineering students which are as under:
- Students of mechanical and automobile department has assembled car and participated in MEGA-ATV at Bhubaneswar and secured 9th Rank across the India.
- Indian Vaccume society and ITM Universe had jointly organized “Course on Vaccume science,technology and its application-2015(CVSTA-2015)” at ITM Universe,Vadodara sponsored by BARC,Mumbai for 4 days.
- One day workshop on overview of NDE techniques was organized by the department. Workshop was conducted by three industrial experts named Mr. Kashyap Bhatt, Mr. Krutik Shah and Mr. Prashant Barodia.
- 2nd Two days national seminar on “Innovations in Robotics IIR-2015.Eminent professors from various IITs and experts in the field of Robotics shared their vast experience and knowledge regarding the contemporary innovations and future trends in Robotics, which was attended by faculty members and research scholars.
Industrial Visits :-
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation Limited(GSECL), Wanakbori Thermal Power
- Thermax India Pvt. Ltd. ,Manjusar, Savli
- Sardar Sarovar Nigam Limited-SSNL, Hydro Power Plant, Navagam
- INOX, Halol
- Gujarat Industrial Power company Ltd., Koyali, Vadodara
- Sanghvi Forging, Waghodia,Vadodara
- Multiple Fastner, Waghodia,Vadodara
- Kirloskar Pump,Ahmedabad
- McNally Sayaji Industry Ltd., Manjusar, Savli
- Electromegnetic Industries. Por, NH-8
- Kailash Foundry work, Makarpura, Vadodara
- Nodule cast, Makarpura, Vadodara
- Mangalam Steel, Makarpura, Vadodara
Project Fair and Design Fair
- Mechanical department is organizing Project fair and Design Fair for last two year consequently which brings new ideas to world of industries and many delegates from industries appreciated this activity.
Augmentation Lectures :-
- TAPP organized Augmentation training: CNC Turning & Milling for 6th semester students.
- Dr. Prasad, from IITB delivered expert lecture on “Fracture Mechanics” for 8th semester students.
- A Seminar on “Solid Works” was organized by Mechanical Department in association with Khodiyar CAD Centre Pvt. Ltd. for faculties & students.
- Mechanical Department has started “Aero-modeling club” which was inaugurated by Mr. Divyabhanusingh Rana.
The Eminent Speakers were as under
- Dr. Nalinaksh S. Vyas,(Professor,Department Of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, Vice Chancellor, Rajasthan Technical University,Kota) delivered a talk on “Micro-Electro Mechanical System inAutomotive & Railway Application).
- Dr. Sudipto Mukherjee Mehra (Chair Professor Of Design And Manufacturing, IIT Delhi) delivered a talk on “ Teleoperation of KUKA KR5” INDUSTRIAL manipulator.
- Dr. Asokan Thondiyath, (Associate Professor, Department Of Engineering Design,IIT Madras)delivered a talk on “ Autonomous Under Water Vehicles”
- Dr. Pathak Pushparaj Mani (Associate Professor, Department Of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering IIT Roorkee) delivered a talk on “Space Robotics”.
- Dr. Suril V Shah (Research Assistant Professor, IIT Hyderabad) delivereda talk on Challenges & Solutions of ALL Terrain Robots”.
- Mr. Chakraraja Udupa (Assistant Manager, FANUC India Pvt. Ltd.,Bengaluru) delivered a talk on” Industrial Requirements forAutomation”.
- Dr. Pathak Pushparaj Mani(Associate Professor, Department OfMechanical & Industrial Engineering
- 3rd Two days national level seminar was organized on “Innovation in Robotics (IIR – 2016)” on 1st & 2nd April 2016. The delegates from various industries, colleges, research institutes participated and exchanged their views with the students about current scenario in the robotics & hands on practice at Center of Excellence at MSU.
- 2nd Two day’s national level seminar was organized on “Innovation in Robotics (IIR – 2015)” on 21st and 22nd March 2015. The delegates from various industries, colleges, research institutes participated and exchanged their views with the students about current scenario in the robotics and application of robotics.
- 1st Two days national level seminar was organized on “Innovation in Robotics (IIR – 2014)” on 14th and 15th March 2014. The experts in dfferent field and from various industries, colleges, research institutes participated and exchanged their views and motivate the students for Robotics.
Expert Lecture :-
- Avi Sabavala, Management committee member of Vadodara Chamber of commerce and Industry had delivered augmentation lecture on Entrepreneurship.
- Kashyap Patel, Young Entrepreneur, Managing Director of Shusa Pvt. Ltd. , CNC machine manufacturer has delivered a lecture on Entrepreneurship to motivate students for being an Entrepreneur.
- Raghavendra Joshi, Young entrepreneur heading Aadhya enterprise (non-ferrous foundry) has delivered Augmentation lecture on Entrepreneurship.
- Material Camp-2015 had been organized jointly with American society for metals and Mechanical Department of ITM Universe,Vadodara from 9th to 13th June, 2015. Dr. M K Totlani, ASM International,India Chapter had inaugurated the function.
- Material Camp-2014 had been organized jointly with American society for metals and Mechanical Department of ITM Universe,Vadodara from 6th April to 11th April 2014. Dr. A K Tiwari, Chairman-ASM International,India Chapter had inaugurated the function.
- Material Camp-2013 had been organized jointly with American society for metals and Mechanical Department of ITM Universe,Vadodara from 22nd April to 27th April 2013. Dr. M K Totlani,ASM International had inaugurated the function.