The under graduate academic program in Electrical Engineering is designed to prepare students for career in the industry or business or to pursue higher studies by providing them a thorough foundation of fundamentals and analytical tools of contemporary Electrical Engineering. The department has well developed laboratory facilities, infrastructure and qualified and experienced faculties to offer good quality education. A wide range of elective courses permits the students to put emphasis on specific discipline such as Power Electronics, Digital Systems, Advance Micro Controller and Advance Power System.
Electricity is the prime driver of economic growth for any nation. India is planning to commission one 1200 kV transmission line in the near future which is highest transmission voltage in the world. Therefore demand and scope for electrical engineers have increased tremendously. The horizon for electrical engineering has expanded continuously & there are no signs of diminishing this expansion. In recent years, notable areas of development have been the evolutio of power system, large scale electric energy network, non conventional energy sources development in power quality, smart grid etc. The department aims to give full exposure to the students about the upcoming areas such as
power electronics advancement and its application in power system, and the development in power quality in electrical machines and drives. Electrical engineer graduates are in high demand in India and overseas, and if India is to be successful in its attempts to capitalize on its know-how in today’s technology, this demand will continue to grow so as of electrical engineers.
- To develop the Electrical Engineering Department into an excellent center of learning, research, consultancy and training.
- To produce professionally brilliant, rounded and motivated Engineers in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- To undertake developmental research, consultancy and technical interaction with industry.
- The EE program will prepare the graduates for Excellent professional and technical careers.
- The EE program will prepare the graduates for adapting themselves with constantly changing technology with the ability of continuous learning.
- The EE program will prepare the graduates to effectively communicate and to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- The EE program will prepare graduates to work as a part of team on multidisciplinary projects.
- The EE program will prepare graduates to gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Teaching is fully supported by well equipped laboratories run by the department.
The practicals are conducted in the following areas:
• Elements of Electrical Engineering
• Electrical Machines and Drives
• Power System Protection
• Electrical & Electronics Workshops
• Power Electronics
• Control Theory
• High Voltage
• Electrical Measurement and Instrumentation