Electronics, particularly computer usage coupled with recent space age, has by this time already crept into every sphere of human activities. Every industry, institution & research organization feels the need for an Electronics & Communication Engineer.
There are plenty of jobs for skilled electronics engineers with post secondary qualifications. An electronics engineer can get a job in the Central Government, State Governments and their sponsored corporations in public enterprises and the private organizations like All India
Radio, Indian Telephone Industries,MTNL, Civil Aviation Department, BSNL, Post and Telegraph Department, Coordination Department, National Physical Laboratory, Bharat Electronics Limited, Development Centers in various States etc. dealing in manufacture, sales and
services of electronics consumer goods and appliances. They can also take up teaching and research in one of the many engineering colleges in India or abroad. PSUs such as BELL, DRMC and MNCs such as Siemens, Texas Instruments, Intel, Nvidia, Philips electronics, Motorola, Samsung and Flextronics. DRDO, ISRO,IPR and IT companies like Infosys, TCS,Wipro, Accenture, HCL Technologies and Tech Mahindra also recruit Electronic engineers.
- To develop the Electronics & Communication Engineering Department into an excellent center of learning, research, consultancy and training.
- To produce professionally brilliant, rounded and motivated Engineers in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To undertake developmental research, consultancy and technical interaction with industry
- The EC program will prepare the graduates for Excellent professional and technical careers
- The EC program will prepare the graduates for adapting themselves with constantly changing technology with the ability of continuous learning
- The EC program will prepare the graduates to effectively communicate and to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- The EC program will prepare graduates to work as a part of team on multidisciplinary projects.
- The EC program will prepare graduates to gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- BASIC ELECTRONICS LAB–The laboratory is equipped with apparatuswhich helps students to perform the basic experiments in electronics. The lab also facilitates students in pursuing projects in electronics. The lab has CROs, multimeters and other measurement devices.
- VLSI AND DSP LAB –This lab includes advanced FPGA kits with PCs. We have various simulation softwares by which student can design various advance circuits at micro level.
- COMMUNICATION LAB -The students learn to implement the modulation schemes using hardware as well as other communication related experiments.
- OPTICAL AND MICROWAVE LAB:-This lab provides opportunities for undergraduates to implement their innovative ideas in the field of optical networks. The microwave laboratory helpsstudents to gain insight into the field of RF and microwaves.
- MICROCONTROLLER LABORATORY:-This laboratory course offered for the fourth semester ECE students is well equipped with Microcontroller trainer kits ARM boards, POWER PC Reference board, EEPROM Module Universal Programmer/Eraser.Students are exposed to CAD tools like emu8086, Keil Software development tools for the 8051 microcontroller providing the developmen tenvironment for PROTEUS VSM, the revolutionary interactive system level simulator.