Activities & Programs Of Department :- The department conducted various
workshops, conferences & expert lectures for quenching the thirst of knowledge among students which are as under:
- Two days National Level Conference was organized on “Recent Trends in Electrical and Electronics & Communication Engineering (RTEECE-2014)” on 17 & 18 January 2014. The delegates from various industries, colleges, research institutes participated & exchanged their views with the students about current scenario in the power sector & polished their brains with new and more intellectual ideas & developments.
The Expert Speakers from Electronics & Communication Engineering were as under :-
- Dr. R.A.Thakker (HOD, EC Dept , VGEC, Chandkheda) delivered a lecture on Recent Trends in VLSI.
- Dr. Y.P.Kosta (Director, Marwadi Engg. College, Rajkot) delivered a lecture on Green Technology. Prospects & Approach.
- Dr. Virendra Singh (Asso. Prof., EE Dept. IIT Bombay) delivered a talkon “ Recent Advances in Semi-Conductor Device Processing”.
- Dr. Saurabh Lodha (Asso. Prof., EE Dept. IIT Bombay) delivered a talk on “ Advances in VLSI”
- Dr.Vivekanand Mishra (Asso. Prof, Department of EC, SVNIT,Surat) delivered a talk on “ Fibre Bragg Grating”.
- Dr.Arun Pratap, (Professor, Applied Physics Department, MSU, Vadodara) delivered a talk on “ Nano-Electronics & Nano Technology.
Augmentation Lectures :-
- An Expert Lecture on “Speech Processing Basics”- by Prof. JagannathH. Nirmal, Associate Professor at KJSCE-Mumbai dated 6th September .
- One day Industrial visit of EC-3rd Semester at Meena Circuit Pvt. Ltd., Vadodara. dated 17th September .
- One day Industrial visit of EC-5th Semester at BISAG, Gandhinagar. dated 26th August .
Achievements & Participation :-
- Mr. Lalit Patel has published two international papers on “Application Of Genetic Algorithm For Switch Level Fault Finding In Integrated Circuits” published in IJECS and “Transistor Level Fault Finding in VLSI Circuits using Genetic Algorithm” published in IJESIT(ISO 9001:2008 Certified) in the June 2013.