The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was established in ITM Universe, in 2011, with the objective of imparting quality education in Computer Science field. The Department offers B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering & M.E. in Computer Engineering (Software Engineering) degrees. The present intake is 120 students per year in BE & 24 students per year in ME course. With rapidly evolving technology and the continuous need for innovation the department targets at producing quality professionals, holding important positions in Information Technology in India and overseas. The curriculum of the Computer Science covers all the software and related hardware part of computing according to the norms of GTU, Ahmadabad and AICTE.
- To create a center of excellence for high-quality learning, research & consultancy in the Computer Science and Engineering discipline.
- To meet the global need of competent and dedicated professionals.
- To undertake research & development, consultancy, industry interaction & extension activities which are relevant to the needs of mankind.
- To serve the community by interaction on technical, scientific and other aspects of development.
- To produce professionally brilliant, rounded and motivated Engineers in the field of Computer Science & Engineering.
- To undertake developmental research, consultancy and technical interaction with industry
- The CSE program will prepare the graduates for Excellent professional and technical careers.
- The CSE program will prepare the graduates for adapting themselves with constantly changing technology with the ability of continuous learning.
- The CSE program will prepare the graduates to effectively communicate and to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities.
- The CSE program will prepare graduates to work as a part of team on multidisciplinary projects.
- The CSE program will prepare graduates to gain the ability to identify, analyze, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
The Department has all the latest technologies of hardware and software with excellent computing facilities for advanced programming, Software development, Networking, Multimedia and Hardware Technologies. It also has latest audio-visual teaching aids including LCD multimedia projectors and PA systems in all the laboratories. The laboratories are equipped with latest hardware and software with 7 Mbps leased line, fiber optic connectivity to hostel with round the clock Wi-Fi network.
- Programming Laboratory
- Computer Hall
- Database Management System Laboratory
- Information Security Laboratory
- Operating System Design Laboratory
- Computer Graphics and Multimedia Laboratory
- Data and File structure Laboratory
- Soft computing Laboratory
- ME Laboratory
The departmental laboratories have Licensed System Software which includes Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows 2007, and Windows 2008. The Licensed Application Software includes MS Office, MS Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, and MSDN. The Department encourages the use of Open Source Software and Technology.
Departmental DetailsDepartmental Activities