Activities & Programs Of Department :- The department conducted various workshops, conferences & expert lectures for quenching the thirst of knowledge among students which are as under:
- 5th Two days national Workshop on “Application Of Nano Technology In CIVIL Engineering”” on 24 – 25 Jan, 2018.
- 4th Two days national Workshop on “Application Of Nano Technology In CIVIL Engineering”” on 24 – 25 Jan, 2017.
- A one day workshop on “Innovations in Eco-friendly Construction” on 23rd February .
- A One day workshop on “Check the pulse of the structure”, on 7th July . Prof. J. M. Chandra Kishen from IISc – Bangalore was the Chief Guest of the event.
A one day workshop for “Total Station: Hands on practice”.
- Dr. D. O. Shah, Professor Emeritus, University of Florida, USA, was the Chief Guest of the event.
- Prof. J. M. Chandra Kishen (IISc – Bangalore), Dr. Abhijit Mukherjee (IIT Gandhinagar), Dr. D. O. Shah (University of Florida USA), Dr Prakash Mehta (President Zydex), Dr Rajul Gajjar (Dean GTU), Dr. Santosh G Shah (Dean R&D-ITM) delivered an expert talk in the seminar.
- 2nd Two days national Seminar on “Nanotechnology : New Materials & Applications” .
- Dr. Alok Kumar Sinha, Scientist – E, Nano Mission, Government of India was the Chief Guest of the event.
- Dr. Alok Kumar Sinha (Nano Mission – GOI), Dr. Gadadhar Reddy (CEO, NoPo Nanotechnologies India Pvt. Ltd.),Dr. T.Theivasanthi (Kalasalingam University), Dr. Nitin S. Kale (Nanosniff Tech. Pvt. Ltd), Dr. C. V. Dharmadhikari(IISER – Pune), Dr. Nidhi Maheshwari (Manager, IITB MEMS Prototyping Facility), Dr. Anukul Rajoriya, IIT Bombay, Dr. Santosh G Shah (Dean R&D-ITM) delivered an expert talk in the seminar
- Two days national Seminar on “Nanotechnology and Sustainability in Construction” .
- Applied Fluid Mechanics, by Dr. N. Shrimali, M. S. University Baroda
- Post tensioned Concrete, by Mr. Arun Sankhat , Manager – Technical, Post Tensioning India, Ltd.
- Water & Waste Water treatments, by Shri B. R. Naidu, CPCB, Vadodara
- Earthquake Engineering, by Dr. J. M. Chandra Kishen, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Industrial Visits:
- Visit to Bandra Worli Sea Link: Mumbai for final year civil students to learn the subject design of steel structure
- Visit to India’s first Smart city : LAVASA for the second year civil students to learn building and town planning.
- Visit to Shanivar wada: Pune for the third year civil students to learn heritage conservation.
- Visit to Akota bridge: Vadodara for the third year civil students to learn elementary steel design of solar panels.
- Visit to Narmada Dam: Navagam for Semester V students for subject: Water Resources Engineering.
- Atladara Sewage Treatment Plant:Vadodara, for Semester VI students for subject: Water & waste water engineering.Click for Report
- GIFT City and Mahatma Mandir, for Semester IV students for the subject: Concrete Technology & Building Construction, in February 2015.
- Panam Dam & Mahi Aquaduct on Narmada main canal, for Semester VIII students for subject: Design of Hydraulic Structures in March 2015.